Thread: Smallmouth!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 05:00 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Smallmouth!!!!!

I was excited when I caught a couple of 12-13" smallmouth last week, but was really EXCITED when this hog took my Clouser Minnow!
Click the image to open in full size.

It measured 18" in length, but was so big around!!! I had a brand new net. It was at home, still in its packaging. I was standing in waist deep water, and when it jumped, I thought there was no way I'd land that fish. The stream is littered with huge boulders, and I quickly backed into shallow water. After a couple more leaps, I was able to grab its lip and take a pic. Rod was a 590 Sage Z-Axis with a 6wt line (Windy!!!), and an 8' 3X knotted leader. I'm a happy camper!