Thread: Smallmouth!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 06:55 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Smallmouth!!!!!

Thanks Guys! I still have a big grin on my face. Check it out: LOL!!!! This is better than the Easter Bunny!!!

Serious fishing comments:
I knew there were smallmouth in that section, as I had seen them leaping and chasing baitfish into the shallows last week. I usually use a bead chain Clouser Minnow, but the smallmouth tend to stay in the deeper channels when not chasing a meal. I hate to cast heavy flies, but switched to the lead Clouser Minnow after not getting anything. It only took a few drifts past a promising channel to hook that sucker. I think it was Davo or BigFly (Jim Landis) who said that the difference between catching and not catching can be a single split shot. Good advice....