View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 12:11 PM

raindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud of
Default Like fishing in a barrel....

Man! It is nice to feel a good tug (or several) on the line. I have been hooked up with a private pond (Hence the fishing in a barrel title-- it doesn't get fished very much-- so the fish aren't shy nor picky...)

Spent an hour and a half there last night-- resulting in 14 (respectable to nice sized) LM brought to hand, and several that were missed due to my lack of attention. (On more than one occasion, my desire to fire a long cast over shadowed my sensibility -- It is hard to get a good hookset on top water LMB with 50 or 60 feet of fly line out... ) Flies used were a yellow and black marabou monster (leech) and a top water slider.

Every fish was in this size range:

Click the image to open in full size.

While not exactly lunkers, they sure were fun.

ps-- For those who want to see the full quarry, I got quick pics of almost all of the bass I caught-- they are in my album dated with yesterday's date.

Also, I likely killed the first top water take-- he hit hard and took the slider deep-- the lot is heavily wooded-- some critter possibly got a good meal over night.

The water also holds a fantastic crappie population-- I've never caught a crappie smaller than 15 inches out of it- and the hybrid sunnies are about the same.