View Single Post
Old 03-17-2006, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default New Member of the Fiberglass club!

I just won a glass rod on eBay and I'm pretty excited to get it and give it a spin. Its a Sheakespeare 8' 7/8wt and is a 3 piece. It was described as like new, and that's about it. It was cheap and we'll have to see if it was just plain cheap or if it was a good deal. I'm planning on fishing a wf6f lazerline on it, hopefully that will load it to my liking. I'll also likely have to slow my stroke WAY down to fish it, but that will probably help my casting with other rods as well.

For those also hunting for vintage glass on eBay, you may find some glass rods that say nothing about it being fiberglass in the listing, and so therefore won't show up if you search by that term. I think this rod would have gone for $10 or more extra if it was listed with fiberglass in the title.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.