View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 11:37 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: I think the folks in Anchorage are glad winters over.

Hi Fred,

I don't know if where I live we got less / more / or tied them but there has been a lot of snow this year. The past 2 weeks had seen some melt off get started and we were down to about 18" still on the ground but then we had a warm snow start on Friday and last until yesterday morning (Sunday) Although much of the snow melted when it landed there had to have been the equivalent of 14" that fell. As I watched it I was glad that this was April and not October.

During the months of the winter there were several warm periods that caused a great deal of the snow to melt and to lose loft. Had it not been for those warm spells it would have been covering the ground by 6 or 7 feet I'm sure. With the weather warming those who live in low lying areas are now going to need to keep the sump pumps running 27/7 because of pooling water. The ground is frozen down about 3 foot so the melting snow just heads for the gathering spots and forms ponds. These are always popular with the ducks who will begin arriving soon but very unpopular whit some residents.

I'm ready for a break here

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;