View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 11:18 PM

theboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant future
Default Re: What Did I get Myself Into!!

Tough task ! Basics should come first bit if you teach Him anything accuracy and the ability to throw a quick cast should be a priority with bones. Distance would help but not as important as accuracy and speed. Most good guides can get you on bones but no guarantee they are tailing. Many times they'll be on the move where the guide will try to keep you ahead of them and this is where the speed and accuracy to throw in front of them before they pass.
Another thing would be to practice with a weighted fly such as a Clouser. Many new casters the first time they throw a weighted fly have problems. And most likely in most situations you will be using a weighted fly. And you don't want the guide to have to wear a helmet!makes for a unhappy guide.
Once he can throw 30 - 40 ft of line practice clock casting with him. Show him where 12oclock is on the practice field then start having him throw to different times from there. As he progresses speed up and do the 1 o'clock 3oclock 10 o'clock as fast as he can strip in and recast. This is all assuming you can get him past the basics. Some guys learn real fast others well hopefully he's not others. Good luck!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser