View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 08:20 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Need 6 wt. rod recommendation

I need to purchase two 6 wt. rods for a fishing trip that we're taking to Chilean Patagonia in early March. The fishing will be on both lakes and rivers. Trout in the 18-25" range. We'll use the 6 wts. for streamer / wet fly fishing with sink-tip lines. My wife fishes a BIIx 8'6" 5 wt. for dry flies. She likes the BIIx casting action, so I'll likely go with another BIIx in 9'0" 6 wt. for her. I fish a Sage Z-Axis 9'0" 5 wt. and for smaller fish, a Sage ZXL 7'6" 4 wt. There's no doubt that the Z-Axis has plenty of power. However, the ZXL has a nicer casting stroke for me (at least in the 4 wt.). So, I'm not sure if I should go with a ZXL 6 wt. or a Z-Axis 6 wt. (or something else?). The New Jersey Fly Fishing show is coming up this weekend, so the time for me to buy is fast approaching.

Any ideas?