View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 03:09 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Bitterroot river update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Fred, just curious, why do you read the Ravalli Republic everyday? Do you have roots over here?

I was wading a side channel of the Bitterroot last weekend and experienced a really nice BWO hatch, really nice hatch. And not a single fish rising to naturals or my imitation. The come other mayflies showed up, either March Browns or small Drakes and I picked a couple fish, one I lost the other I broke off.

The early spring fishing was really off this year. Getting out to wade just about anywhere on the Root in March is generally an absolute. But the flows have been really unstable since St. Patty's day. Last weekend was the best conditions yet; stable, dropping flows, warm days and nights with overcast skies. Perfect. The guys that floated on Sunday and Monday had epic fishing no doubt. Then it hit 70 on Tuesday and we're on the verge of blowout.

But three good water years in a row is hard to complain about. The fish are healthy and happy!