Thread: Weed wading?
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 11:47 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Weed wading?

I used to fish in the Letort Spring. When I began to go there it was much different than it is now, most noticeably there was a lot more water. The weed beds were just a place where you did not go. It took a long time to learn where and how to catch the fish but those bruisers that stayed in the weeds were generally off limits for me. When you do hook up to a fish, keeping it up topside and not allowing it to burrow into the cress was a whole other talent that needed to be acquired.

But no, I don't know of a good way to deal with silt bottoms and thick vegetation other than to stay out of it. My best results were had fishing from the shoreline, usually from a kneeling position.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;