View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 10:10 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: What Rain Gear/Wading Jacket do you use?

And I thought I got a deal.

I bought a wading jacket on eBay three years ago who's inside label simply says, Bass Fish America, it was $40. It has stood up to the storms sent my way remarkably.

Being a traditionalist I tried to stick with either my Lewis creek or a Filson both are waxed cotton. The cotton jobs are great for light weather conditions but when you are camped for a week or more in coastal conditions getting pounded by rain they cant hold it out. Nothing much worse than waking up in a tent hearing rain pelting the exterior of the tent and knowing all you have is a wet jacket to put on while trying to brew coffee in the gale force winds. Sometimes just getting the old MSR Whisperlight lit is a bigger challenge than catching a fish.

The cheap jacket has passed the Alaska test so far.