View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 11:17 PM

watson has a spectacular aura aboutwatson has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Need advice on fishing the Green river in Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbaker488 View Post
Yes you had definitely better make plans/arrangements well in advance to fish that river if that's a goal because I know I came thru there last year from Jackson Hole on the way to SLC and thought I'd give it a shot but found that one can't even get access without a special permit. Just a mere Utah fishing license is not even an opening hand when it comes to fishing the Green River it would seem ?
Jim, you must have been lost somewhere between Jackson Hole and SLC
There is no permit needed for the AB or C section of the Green.

Correct me if I'm wrong guys but the only section that I can think of that you do need a permit for is Desolation Canyon. Sure Labyrinth Canyon has a permit also but its not something you put in a lottery for and Dinosaur NM I'm not even sure you can float that at all? But hey I'm no John Wesley Powell I haven't floated all 700+ miles of that beauty so what do I know.

smoochie, That is great you will be able to get out on the weekdays, that should help some. It will be a busy time of year but that cant take away from the beauty of the canyon. Three days, three sections of river, sounds about right to me! You will have a great time, all the advice above is good stuff the only thing I will add is, if at all possible say no to balloons and throw something with a little meat on it.
Cheers!
Watson