View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 06:27 PM

pkins44 will become famous soon enoughpkins44 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Chainsaws for carp.

Indeed it was fun cutting up the tree this morning. When I arrived at the park the entrance gate was open and the tree untouched. I wouldn't be surprised if the city even knew about it. But I wasn't gonna call and miss out on the fun. After I started making the first cut on the trunk, sure enough one of the few times I've seen forest preserve police pull in behind my car. I quickly finished the cut so even if I had to stop I would be able to push it off the road after he left. It ended up being jut fine with the officer. It was actually a police officer I had seen twice last year and he knew me to be kinda crazy then too. I made a few more cuts, then the officer and I cleared the road. I finally made it to the river after being called nuts by the officer.

I was able to fish for 2hrs after the tree down dilema. I forgot my camera as usual, but most of the fish were small. I caught a total of 8 fish: 4 bluegills, 3 crappie and 1 baby smally. The carp eluded me again. It just makes me more addicted. I can't wait for the river to recede back to normal levels and I can get back in her quick. As usual good luck out there.

http://www.dupageriverflyfishing.com