View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 10:25 PM

trout sniper is on a distinguished road
Default Wader Advice Needed!

Hey all, with my old waders recently biting the dust, I was hoping to buy a new pair for around $100 (everyone starts laughing). I live in HOT Arizona, so want a pair that are breathable and fairly lightweight. I also need to stay in budget becasue I really dont have much to spend. I know, I know. "You get what you pay for..." "Inexpsensive and good quality are mutually exclusive when it comes to waders." etc.... Still, I see a couple of interesting prospects and I am a bargain hunter.

My question is, does anyoe know of such waders that would stay in budget and "fit the bill"? I am not opposed to buying used from someone reputable that won't sell me worthless leaky waders, if anyone has a good pair to sell me.

The point though, is really this. What is the best pair of waders for fishing envoronments that range from hot to cool? I can always add more insulation underneath, so I don't want neoprenes or insulated waders. I don't wade THAT much, so they dont have to last a lifetime.

Has anyone tried Caddis Deluxe Breathable waders? For around $100, they look god with attatched gravel guards and some interesting technology. Do they really work? How good is the quality?

I know I am asking a lot for $100: Breathable, farily lightweight, fairly durable. Still, there must be some wader out there that fits the bill.

Again, opinions and advice are welcome. I would apprecaite a pm if anybody has waders in GOOD CONDITION (no leaks) that they are willing to sell me or if anybody knows where such a pair can be found. I am 5'11" and weigh 160 lbs, so medium to medium long would be best, but depending on the brand large might also work.

Let me know and thanks in advance.