View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 11:07 PM

Davec921 has a spectacular aura aboutDavec921 has a spectacular aura aboutDavec921 has a spectacular aura about
Default Just bought my first Blank

Yep as the title says I just bought my first blank today.
It is A IM6, 9FT, 2WT, 4PC, FLY ROD BLANK, GRAY with TWO TIPS.
I love to fish for bluegill and I thought this would be a great rod to chase them with. I bought the rod blank off of eBay including shipping for 29.01.

I don't believe I have ever seen a rod other then a boo rod that had an extra tip. But I think that will be a good thing for me because I tend to break things to easy.
As soon as I get the rod here on post Ill take some pics an post them. I all so plan on taking pics as I build the rod. WARNING!!!!! This is my first rod that I will be building. All so It will be awhile before I get it done.
I have leafed through all the threads a few times on building a rod an I plan on asking a lot of questions.

The main thing for me is money so I will be trying to get the best parts an pieces I can buy at the lowest price. Being a SPC in the army does not pay much. As to that if anyone has any input on were to find good quality an cheap parts I would greatly appreciate that.
And if any ones as some extra parts they want to sell that would be awesome as well.

So as of now Im just waiting on the blank to get here. Then Ill figure out what I will need from there.
Later
DAVE