View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 10:15 PM

mrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Alabama jewels...

Quote:
Originally Posted by raindogt View Post
Crazy! So is the red eye specific to your state (I assume so based on thread title)? I've never heard of such a creature. What is their habit? Looks like a black bass variety-- do they act like LM or smallies? give me all the info you know about these cool fish. Thx.

Let me google that for you

They are native to Alabama, but can be found in other states. These bass typically don't get very big. I have friends who have caught 1-2lbers, but that is like catching a 8-10 largemouth in redeye bass world. The blue cheeks and white tip fins gets me every time...

Forgot to mention, what they lack in size, they make up for with gusto. These things have a serious chip on their shoulder. They hit my topwater like a torpedo and bulldog and jump a lot like a smallmouth

"Chance favors the well prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur