View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 01:29 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rod for the North East?

Good advise Dan. As far as Stripers go it really depends on where and what size fish are expected. I've caught Stripers on rods ranging from a 5wt all the way to an 11wt. A few guys on this forum use Spey/switch rods that are even heavier. It's a situational thing. In the surf the switch and the 10 and 11wts have the advantage. From a boat unless your into real cows 8,9,10 wts work fine. I fish a river estuary and a back bay harbor and my favorite rod is an 8wt for fish up to 25lbs. When I was a kid that same harbor used to load up in the spring with 16 to 18in. Schoolies and we used 5wts all day long and had a blast. Dans right go big but save the 7wt. It may be your rod of choice in many situations!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser