View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 12:47 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How far can you cast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
He may be a Gem and I think the Clouser may be the best fly ever invented but on this one "It was also his thought that anyone who said that they could cast further in a fishing situation was full of horse manure" I know he's full of manure. I've done it and I watch my Canadian buddy do it all the time.
I watched my Canadian buddy do it yesterday. He was using my rod just to play with it and see how it casts. I had a clouser on it, love those flies. He put my whole line and some backing out and immediately hooked a Northern. It could not have been any more than 5 or 6 feet from the end of the cast. Where he did this there is a flat that runs about 6 or 7 feet deep. There is a submerged point that comes up about 95 feet out. You can't really see it right now but in another month when the weeds come up it'll be pretty obvious. I love being able to hit that without going and getting a boat. And by the way there are almost always Pike on or near that. They may not always be big, and most of the time they aren't, but it is a darned good spot.