View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 01:04 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Casting term/name needed.

I was in the park yesterday with my friend Bill. We were casting flies for Pike and Smallmouth. Bill tried a couple of my rods. He had my Winston 10 wt. and fired a shot across the bay. The wind was blowing and making line coming off the grass a challenge to keep out of your feet. Bill did a really long cast and as line was shooting up off the grass he did a very impressive dance trying to avoid getting line caught in his feet. I have seen him do this dance many many times. I do a dance like this when I don't use a basket pretty often as well. I have seen videos of distance casters doing this 'jig' as well.

Anyway, he did a very impressive jig and I said "Nice dance!" Then I commented that this is a skill unto itself. Neither of us knew of a name for this 'keep the line out of your feet' jig. But since this is actually quite a skill, we thought it should have a name.

Does it have a name? If not we should give it one.