View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 03:50 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: pink squirrel nymph

I did some this year with Pink UV dubbing instead of the chenille and the pattern fished VERY well over the course of 10 days for both my bud and I. When wet, it has a pinkish/purplish hue to it. I will be tying more of them, they fished that well. Of course the natural is an exceptional fly as well. Chartreuse might not be a bad choice either. I had several trout smack my float putty which was chartreuse. Back in my spinning rod/bait days, chartreuse power bait was consistently a top producer.

I have tied caddis patterns that are fairly similar (missing the tags of flash on the tail) with similar materials for the body of the fly and with a peacock or peacock dubbed collar. I will say this, I am becoming a big fan of UV dubbing. Every fly I have tied that has it and have fished with has produced fish.