View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 12:39 AM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo
Default Re: Should I be able to cast my 3wt as far as my 5wt?

I've never seen a fast action 3wt. In general most 1-3wts are slower rods. But I guess a 3wt could be made in tip flex or fast action. I'm not familiar with the specific rod you have. From watching you cast your stroke with the 5wt is more of a short fast action motion. You slow it down some on the 3wt. I find with my 3wt it takes a rather exaggerated stroke to get the most out of it.

I might not be doing the best job of explaining either. I do much better teaching clients in person, when I can see what they are doing and demonstrate what they need to do. Are there any Trout Unlimited chapters near you or some other fly fishing groups where you can find someone to work with on it. If not all you need to do is keep playing with it, when you find the right casting stroke you'll feel it.

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures