View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 08:44 AM

tbblom has much to be proud oftbblom has much to be proud oftbblom has much to be proud oftbblom has much to be proud oftbblom has much to be proud oftbblom has much to be proud oftbblom has much to be proud oftbblom has much to be proud of
Default finally dialing in on carp

I've been out many times over the last year going after carp. more seriously in the last 2 months or so. I had landed one, and had a few shots, but never really put all the pieces together correctly. Thanks again to all of you guys who have posted helpful hints.
Yesterday something clicked; right weather, unpressured water, right fly, right time of day, and a good approach.
I had maybe 10 good shots, caught 3, and missed a few hook sets. Spooked several others on the approach. 3 carp in an afternoon was amazing! Also caught several small perch and bluegill, but could not find the huge bass that lives there.
The carp were all 'small' at 18-20", but probably weighed a few pounds each, fat little guys! The smallest one really had my drag ringing. All on 6wt with a clear sink tip line. Small brown crayfish #4.
Click the image to open in full size.

Instagram page @tblom77