View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 08:44 AM

tbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to behold
Default finally dialing in on carp

I've been out many times over the last year going after carp. more seriously in the last 2 months or so. I had landed one, and had a few shots, but never really put all the pieces together correctly. Thanks again to all of you guys who have posted helpful hints.
Yesterday something clicked; right weather, unpressured water, right fly, right time of day, and a good approach.
I had maybe 10 good shots, caught 3, and missed a few hook sets. Spooked several others on the approach. 3 carp in an afternoon was amazing! Also caught several small perch and bluegill, but could not find the huge bass that lives there.
The carp were all 'small' at 18-20", but probably weighed a few pounds each, fat little guys! The smallest one really had my drag ringing. All on 6wt with a clear sink tip line. Small brown crayfish #4.
Click the image to open in full size.