View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 01:40 PM

ausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Should I be able to cast my 3wt as far as my 5wt?

I cast the GVX for a few minutes up at the shop in (my favorite) the 4wt. It is a faster rod still, but even the faster 3wts I've cast still need a little time to bend. The are very delicate by comparison to the same rod in a 4 or 5. I agree with Davo...though I can't see what your line is doing after your back casts it looks like your horsing it, especially on the back-cast moreso than the forward cast. If you don't get a slow steady acceleration as you pull the line backwards you will have line bunched up and wavy in mid-air, rather than unrolled in a nice plane straight backwards. Try concentrating on a slow start, increasing in speed as you back cast, and the same on your forward cast. Be deliberate about it, if you err on the too slow side you will know it, your line will start to hit the ground behind you.