View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 06:19 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: Help Needed..New setup

Gonzo, just out of curiosity, where will you be fishing? I can't wait to get home to do some saltwater fishing. I just picked up a few new Rio saltwater lines for tarpon (12wt), redfish and snook (8wt), and mahi (10wt). I will likely be fishing mostly floating lines. And while the welded loop is a good indicator of the end of the line that will be attached to your leader, you can also tell by finding the end which has a thicker taper once you get a few feet into the fly line. The thinner end will be the side you attach to your backing, while the other end is the weight-forward (WF) end. This will apply with most line types, except for double taper, which will have thicker tapers at each end.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...