View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 08:47 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Club Beginners Class

Yesterday was the on-stream class for our club's beginners.
I try and help out with this one-on-one mentoring every year as it's a lot of fun for me as well as helpful to the student. For whatever reason, there was not a lot of volunteers this year so the class had to be split. Half this Saturday, half next.
My student Jessie was barely a beginner, having had a season on his own under his belt and he picked up a rainbow in the first pool we fished. I had barely said "that's a good drift" when he had one on
It went on like that for a couple of hours until I decided that I'd had enough watching and needed to catch a few myself.

It's a shame that we didn't get more mentor volunteers as half the class had to wait. I urge anyone that has the opportunity to help a beginner to do so as the rewards exceed the effort. I just may do it again next week.