Thread: help with cast
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 09:57 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: help with cast

Since you said you snapped off some flies without snagging into the tree behind you, I assume that you were also hearing a "whip-crack" sound in your backcast? If this is the case, slow your cast down. Watch your backcast unfurl before accelerating to a stop in your forward cast. You may be overpowering your forward cast as well, or not having a solid stop (both would cause the pile in front of you as well as depriving you of good loops). If possible, try and get a video of your casting stroke, as we have some pretty solid casters on here that could diagnose what you're doing.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...