View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 09:05 AM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo
Default Re: Need help with shooting line

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeutman View Post
Thank you for the welcome! I will get out and practice that haul today! Is the line piling resulting from having an arch the same as when the line rolls out completely straight and then snapping back causing the leader to pile? Sorry if that was confusing haha! That is a very nice visual. I will keep that in mind.
Not confusing at all. The answer is no!! The line straightening out and then popping back is the result with a stop cast. The line is being stopped so all the momentum comes back. This is a result of stopping the line from shooting out. Your obviously not doing that intentionally so I'm guessing something else is wrong. The line maybe bad or your guides are messed up somehow stopping the line from shooting. You mentioned not having trouble on the grass only on the water. Are you using a sinking line? That would make the water tension on your slack greater than the lines momentum and prevent shooting line.

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures