View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 09:40 PM

ausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Tips For Buying Used Rods;

I'll admit it, I'm an addict! I can only spend one day a week fishing and a few week long trips every year, so I became addicted to gear as much as I became addicted to the fishing...almost. I've purchased WAY too many rods because they were too cheap to pass up, and I have sold about half of them that didn't suit me all that well. My last purchase was a Scott S4 8'4wt that I got for $257, quite a bargain compared to the 725 list price!!! I think it's a keeper. So now I have a closet full of rods and reels, probably one for each day a year that I go fishing!

I'll just offer my expertise, and at this point I have experienced ALL of the good/bad/and ugly that e-bay and its users have to offer. I've bought probably 50 different rods, and kept at least 25 of them, so I have experience as a buyer and a seller (also just as many reels, and plenty of other gear also). If anyone has any questions about e-bay rules, etc., send me a PM or post a question on this thread. I'd be glad to help.

Ard: As far as "no returns" from e-bay sellers I think this is not as bad as it initially sounds when you consider the "ebay buyer protection plan". If a rod shows up damaged or otherwise not as described the seller MUST accept a return and give your money back. Purchasing an item that is listed as "no returns accepted" is really no more risky; it just means that you can't change your mind about your purchase. I personally sell my items this way; I am not a store and I dont want to deal with the hassle and expense of buyers remorse.