View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 06:12 PM

billyspey has a spectacular aura aboutbillyspey has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Help with Abram's Creek GSMNP

Adams para, orange or yellow stimi's yellow Sally's ,elk hair caddis. ptn in dyed yellow pt.with copper bead and cahill's try different shades of yellow, you could stop Little River Outfitters for latest info just outside the park in Townsend.

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Owl View Post
By "yellow" do you mean sulphers? Light Cahills? IAE- for trout I go in to Cade's Cove to park and then hike as far as possible (Horseshoe bend?) and then wade and fish upstream back to the car. Is that correct? Abram's is supposed to be "the stream" since it is a limestone. I was also thinking about the Middle Prong of the Little River- how would the two compare to one another? Thanks.
BTW: I've read that a dry and nymph combo works well, maybe a #12 Light Cahill and #16 PT nymph. Have you tried it and does it work well?
You are correct in where to start and park. horseshoe bend) ( I would start early and expect to spend the day, can be great fishing) remember no were can you exit the stream and get back to the car without wading back. it may seam that you could climb back to the top of the trail it may be to thick and more than one hill to climb very deceiving while walk the trail. expect to wade and fish all day carry food and water for the day. also very slick limestone bottom. I would suggest a wading staff. enjoy your day , be safe let's us know with a good report,