View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 09:26 AM

Flyfisher for men has much to be proud ofFlyfisher for men has much to be proud ofFlyfisher for men has much to be proud ofFlyfisher for men has much to be proud ofFlyfisher for men has much to be proud ofFlyfisher for men has much to be proud ofFlyfisher for men has much to be proud ofFlyfisher for men has much to be proud of
Default Hope your fishing experiences are as good as these

I'm in grad studies and wrapped up my semester with a couple of days at my father's place this week to unwind. He's 82 and as healthy and ornery as they get at that age.

Ended up catching a flathead catfish on the fly rod at the local reservoir outlet. (4-5 lbs. Good for nice tussle. Never caught one on a fly rod before).

The next morning we went to his local golf course pond and caught a mess of bluegills and bass for the frying pan. He caught a 15'' crappie on spin tackle, as well. A nice fish!

After eating those fish for lunch ( MMMM!), it was back to the golf course for nine holes. Shot decently well for not having played in a year (48). That same pond cost me dearly in golf balls on the eighth hole.

Couldn't have had a better two days.