Thread: Bug seining?
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 10:24 PM

stenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant future
Default Re: Bug seining?

After reading Hatches II I couldn't wait to try it. I ran to the hardware store, bought some replacement window screening, stapled it to a pair of broom handles, and gave it a shot. My daughter went with me and we were both amazed at the numbers and diversity of aquatic insects that we found. It even lead me to a hatch that I never knew existed on the upper stretches of a small, local stream near my home in PA - Blue-winged Olive (Drunella lata).

I still have it (walked past it in the garage this afternoon) but I haven't gotten it out since moving to Utah. Maybe it's time to kick up a few stones and see what's crawling around in the local streams out here.