View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 11:07 PM

stenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud of
Default Re: southeastern pa streams

Mid-May in SEPA should be approaching prime "sulphur" time... be sure to have a good selection of PT nymphs, emergers, rusty spinners, and dry's in sizes 14-18 (although the 18's can actually wait until the end of May when the dorothea's are the dominant "sulphur").

Hatch times for the early (mid-May) sulphur's should be mid/late afternoons... pushing towards evening if you happen catch a hot spell. The Ephemerella nymphs will be very active and exposed during the time you'll be there.

If you'll be near the Lehigh Valley I could point you to specific streams/areas.

A quick reference for the Sulphur Hatch: http://www.paflyfish.com/smartsectio...-are-here.html

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring

Last edited by stenacron; 05-07-2012 at 11:14 PM. Reason: added a link for sulphurs