View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 11:07 PM

stenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant future
Default Re: southeastern pa streams

Mid-May in SEPA should be approaching prime "sulphur" time... be sure to have a good selection of PT nymphs, emergers, rusty spinners, and dry's in sizes 14-18 (although the 18's can actually wait until the end of May when the dorothea's are the dominant "sulphur").

Hatch times for the early (mid-May) sulphur's should be mid/late afternoons... pushing towards evening if you happen catch a hot spell. The Ephemerella nymphs will be very active and exposed during the time you'll be there.

If you'll be near the Lehigh Valley I could point you to specific streams/areas.

A quick reference for the Sulphur Hatch: http://www.paflyfish.com/smartsectio...-are-here.html

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring

Last edited by stenacron; 05-07-2012 at 11:14 PM. Reason: added a link for sulphurs