View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 01:21 AM

chased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Nebraska fly fishing.

If by Sydney, you mean Sidney (home of Cabela's) in the panhandle of Western Nebraska, you are in luck! I live in Sidney and frequent the waters within about a 100 mile radius. There is just about everything if you are willing to make a short drive. About 80 miles east there is Lake Mac which is fed by the North Platte, Then That feeds into Lake Ogalalla, then that feeds back into the North Platte and NPPD Supply Canal. There is pretty good trout fishing to be had in Ogalalla, several rainbows nearing 10lbs have been pulled out of the North Platte below Lake Ogallala and the average fish is arround 16 inches, but it is not uncommon to catch several over 20 inches in a single outing but it is hit and miss. 40 miles north of Sidney there is Bridgeport, which has several spring fed sand pit lakes that are stocked with a ton of trout but they aren't very big, but there are monster bass and pan fish to be had there. In Sidney itself there isn't much besides the city pond, which has pan fish, small bass, catfish, and is stocked with trout. There are a few 5+ pouders in there. If you're up to the challenge, I could take out out to some farm land owned by my family. The Lodgepole creek runs through it, and there are monster carp. Caught a 17lber in there just the other day. Shoot me a PM and hopefully we will be able to hook up!

Chase