View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 12:48 PM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Should I be able to cast my 3wt as far as my 5wt?

All of the above... Going to a different rod sets up a whole different set of dynamics. You have to adjust your stroke to the rod action. The video is a great idea. .Try putting a little dot of fluorescent tape or such on the rod tip
( not enough to change the action) so you can easily follow the rod tip in the video. i found that that helps. a shorter rod might limit your cast distance but remember Lefty can cast 50+ ft from his hand so I think technique has a lot to do with it. Not saying you have to cast like Lefty but he just shows what is possible if you get beyond good to that great status..........
Tell Justin about the Allen line. He is great on customer satisfaction, & should take care of you especially as you say it was cut from the box.
To me double hauling is like patting my head & rubbing my belly. Unless I'm having a good day I don't bother trying. Most of the time I don't need to do it. The only time I really try is casting in to the wind with a short line.