View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 02:57 PM

ausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Should I be able to cast my 3wt as far as my 5wt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHN50 View Post
............ but remember Lefty can cast 50+ ft from his hand so I think technique has a lot to do with it. Not saying you have to cast like Lefty but he just shows what is possible if you get beyond good to that great status.........
?????? How is it even possible to "cast" with no rod? If I leave the fly line on the spool I can chuck it, box and all across the Rapahannock like George Washington, but that isn't casting. I don't understand, maybe I'd have to see what you are talking about LOL.

For those who don't know the "story", George could toss stones across the Rapahannock river and awed everyone of his day; he was quite an athlete, not to mention a good 7" taller than the average man of his day. That's roughly the equivalent of a Major League baseball player throwing from deep center field to home plate on the fly. He was also an excellent dancer, and was pretty good on a horse as well.