View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 02:04 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Rod Love; the Fly Rod Picture Thread

I am done now........ maybe I've been trying to find one of these for a year. This one is coming from the UK and may be here when I return from Pennsylvania. I am not a fan of fast action rods especially in the long rods. The Winston Spey rod has a great action but I have been wanting one that would be similar to my 13' 9 weight in size and weight but with a full flex action.

This rod is a new 1982 13' 9" rated for a #9 line. I'm waiting for the manufacturer to respond to e-mail and tell me what modern line in grains it might need. Trial and error are not an option because I'm putting the Carron Jetstream lines on these rods. I'm thinking in the 75' head length on this one. This line gives you a total 150 foot length and a good head for fly control.

Anyway these are the pictures until I get the rod here. My Cascapedia now has a proper mate

Click the image to open in full size.

I look at the bright side, now I have extras if someone else wants to try the big rods

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;