View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 09:10 AM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future
Default Re: What is considered a far cast?

hmmm I am by no means a expert caster, or cast for distance. I guess I can add 7-8' to my estimates of how far I cast. I've always just counted the amount of line out past the tip of the rod.

Sometimes I feel guilty counting the length of the leader I run to0. I thought when guys talked about how much linne they casted I discounted the leader and assumed "line cast" started at the tip of the last eye on your rod.

But when you small stream fish the only distance of importance is the distance from the fish to your net when he got away...aka the old long distance release

"Snap it" Hank Patterson