Thread: River Question
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 11:34 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: River Question

Hi Dave,

A word of caution when considering weighted flies; until you really have the casting of a weight down and by down I mean never even getting close to hitting your rod tip with leader or fly........... Beware of zinc eyes - conehead's and etc. I have not broken or chipped any of my own rods because my affair with such flies was short but have seen quite a few rod tops demoed by a bad cast.

Another thing to consider is that fishing a sinking line with a deep fly isn't the most fun you can have. Generally when confronted with conditions where this combo would be required I either pass or consider spinning gear. Since I don't use spinning gear (physiological block) I pass.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;