View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 04:45 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: What if there's no hatch?

Hi BGP,

I will offer pictures and a link to something I wrote here on the forum about fishing streamers in less than perfect conditions. Since you are new you probably are not tying really fancy streamers. My brown trout streamer was 'The Answer' named aptly. If you could find a source for the streamer known as the 'Dark Spruce' it will work very well as it always did for me.

This links you to something you may find of use; http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...onditions.html

This is a feather wing streamer, it is pictured dry in the vise and wet as it looks when swimming through the creeks and rivers. I have always relied on feather wings as my streamers. if I can find an on-line seller who has Dark Spruce flies for sale I'll PM you the web site.

The Answer;

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

When you get around to tying flies you can find a step by step tutorial in the Fly Tying Forum that our own Pocono did for streamers a while back. Let me know if you can't find it and I'll sort you out OK? The fly I tie is something I came up with quite a few years back for brown trout fishing. There is actually a thread somewhere that explains how it came about and how well it worked.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;