View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 01:53 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Gar attack and monster fish

I remember the first time I saw a seal in the river underwater coming right at me. I was about 300 yards from the bay over on the islands; it took a couple seconds to realize it was a seal and then I was able to breath again.

On a side note, salmon often bump into your legs when the water is high and off color from rains. When you are standing almost waist deep and one bumps you or has a near miss that you can feel; this is your first clue that you are standing in the wrong spot! With that big Gar it could be that you should be real close to shore and casting to the range where he turned up. It was there for a reason and it or others may return.

At least you saw it,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;