View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 12:49 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: setting the scene

Hi to all,

I have been so fortunate to have spent many trips in the Alaska wilderness. I don't know how it can be any better than that. Moose hunting, bear hunting or fishing, the sounds and sights are beyond description.

The numbers of fish can be uncountable. To wake up in a little two man tent at spike camp and find bear tracks going right past the tent. To see bears fighting or mating. Watching a fox laying in a snow bank sunning his belly. To watch a young male bear come a mile across a mountain to a female with three cubs. Then the female beats the tar out of the male who limps off into the brush. Seeing new cubs just out of the den with their mama. The cubs wrestling, fighting and crawling over momma until she slaps the devil out of them. To see five whales herding Herring into a ball. Then forming a circle and diving down and coming up through the herring with their mouths open. Riding along in a loaded twelve foot Zodiac and have a pod of whales surround the boat. When you turn to get away they move with you, again and again. To watch a Water Ouzel diving and chasing minnows right at your feet. To see a tree so covered with Bald Eagles that you can't count them all. To see Salmon trying again and again to get up a falls. To see streams so full of Salmon that you can't see the stream bottom.

The three best things that I remember the most is: 1. Doing it with your best friend. 2. Catching the biggest trout of your life. 3. Last but not least, hearing the forlorn cry of a Loon off in the distance. I love Loons.

Frank