View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 05:27 AM

fire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Prescription polarized fishing sunglasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak allen View Post
I wish!!! I have Army insurance, they provide glasses only in a wonderful choice of 8 frames, which all look about the same.
The dredded use of the word "uniform" as an adjective, and not just a noun! My little brother retired after 22 yrs active duty, about 4 or 5 years ago, and he still refers to his "old man" or "granny" glasses - those very plain black frame glasses that the Army let him purchase through their eye care plan.

As for me, I'm WAY careless and forgetful to use expensive sun glasses on the water, even with Croakies!!! So I wear contacts, and I pick-up and stockpile cheap poloraized glasses whenever I find a good price or find them on-sale. I picked up a half-dozen pair at an Orvis tent-sale a couple of years ago. Still have 4 pair new, in the box. Reg $45+/-, on clearance for $18.99...... I either use a magnifier clip-on on them for tying knots, or I switch to 2.0+ reading glasses. ($20 for 5 pr at Sam's Club!)

BTW, AK, thank you for your service!!!

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky