View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 08:56 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another piece of trivia someone told me

I'd have to say bluefish are just about my favorite game fish
A lot of people don't care to fish for them because they destroy tackle, but that's what makes them fun. IMO
The have a tail built for speed, but they don't make terribly long runs except in shallow water, preferring to battle it out in fairly close.
They're veracious eaters that seemingly kill just for fun. Feeding 'till they're stuffed, regurgitating, then eating more. Corralling and then riping through schools of bait. Often the tightly packed bait schools will suffocate from lack of oxygen or launch themselves on to the beach to escape the slaughter.
A good sized 'bluefish blitz' can be deafening, and may go on hours as the bluefish follow and trap the bait.
A good fly rod bluefish will run about 36" and 15# but they do get bigger
Immature "snapper" blues are great fun on light tackle and medium sized ones are great on the grill... not at all "fishy' flavored like their big brothers.