View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 02:27 PM

jhammer has a spectacular aura aboutjhammer has a spectacular aura about
Default Went after carp and had a surprise...

I decided to go after some carp this morning and didn't have any luck. Again. They just weren't interested. They were more interested in chasing each other around. So, I packed up and headed off to the other river here in town. I ended up finding a nice spot where some rapids and holes come together and make up some nice runs. I tossed out a DDH Leech on my 8wt and after a few twitches, I felt a hard pull and set the hook. After a tough battle, I landed a dandy Freshwater Drum. I cast out a few more times and had something hit like a freight train. This thing was unstoppable. It didn't help that the fish took off and headed for the fast water. I noticed that I was about ready to be spooled so I took off after him down the bank. Imagine someone with 25lb clunky rubber waders that are about two sizes too small storming down the bank. I'm sure it was an interesting sight to the onlookers. After it was all said and done, I landed one hefty channel cat. We don't grow them Red River sized here, but he was a good one for around here.

Click the image to open in full size.