View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 08:39 AM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Good deals on gear?

If you're looking for the latest gear, as the others have said, the prices will not vary much.

There are sellers such as Overstock.com, & Sierra Trading Post that often sell discounted gear. However, what they sell is usually closeouts, production over runs, & discontinued gear. Sometimes, if you know what you're looking for & know the normal retail prices, you can get some good deals from sellers such as these, but they don't give it away. They're trying to get as much as they can for what they sell and often adjust prices, I guess to feel out what the market for these items can bear. If demand is slow they lower them, if high, they can raise them, and be almost as much as MSRP.

I've bought several times from both, and have signed up for their email notices. Many times they send special pricing to folks on their email list. You do have to pay attention to their pricing, because I've seen them have sales where they actually raise prices over what they may have had listed previously. You have to be patient sometimes too!

Just as an example, awhile back I got 2 Redington 9 wt fly rod outfits for less than $65 each with shipping from Sierra, when most of the time they had them listed for about $85-$120 plus shipping.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!