View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 12:47 PM

stenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud of
Default How Close to Home is "Good" Fishing?

Having grown up in Easton, PA I didn't realize how spoiled I was (until I moved to Utah) with respect to how close "good fishing" was to home. I had four (4) Class A trout streams with 15-20 minutes of home - including Bushkill Creek which was less than a 5 minute drive. Not to mention the Lehigh and Delaware Rivers with all of the warmwater glory that they brought to the party.

So now I have about a 30 minute drive to places that aren't exactly my 1st (or 2nd) choices... and my preferred spot (so far) is almost exactly one (1) hour from door to parking lot, with everything else out past that. Not a killer drive by any stretch, but I no longer hit the Sulphur hatch on a whim... I actually have to plan things now.

How about everyone else?

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring