View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 09:04 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future
Default Re: What do you consider a "caught" fish?

Figured revive an old thread. For me if I get to enjoy fighting the fish for more than a few minutes and actually bring it to me I consider it caught. If people say how many did you catch I only tell them the net/hand/slack at your feet release.

General stmt like yesterday would be caught a total of 20 but landed 10 and had 10 misses on top of that. I also fish 100% barbless so the long distance release is real common on smaller rainbows who like to put on a arial display.

Since I C&R 100% of the time I only really care to net big ones for the obligatory measurement / photo. Other than that it is all about me and 100% peace and quiet.

***Edit***
The more I think about the more I put the LDR in a unique category. If I go spend the day and catch 7 and they are all non voluntary LDR I would be frustrated.But a day I net/hand release a good amount of fish the less I mind the LDR.

Last edited by comeonavs; 05-20-2012 at 09:25 PM.