Thread: Aransas Reds
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: Aransas Reds

Thanks y'all. That's a Ross Colorado 2 I got around 2000. just a click drag, but enough to prevent backlashes and nothing to mess up. The rod is a Beulah Guide series 9' 6wt.

Caught most all of them on a ginger and white clouser, rtbr pearl kf in middle, Copper on top. Large beadchain eyes, size 6. Caught a few others on a coppery thing with KF and spanflex for a tail and a copper estaz body/head.

The winner when most of the other fish were moody but a few were aggressively eating was a clouser variation: olive and white, both sides wrapped all the way to the bend, olive estaz head wrapped around chromed brass eyes. Oh yeah, and with red KF gills sticking out the bottom. Size 2 and tied fairly long.

I stuck a couple in front of the clown car-load. I never saw their rods bent.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.