View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 09:32 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: Redington Predator 8 wt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_or_die View Post
I'm looking for an 8 wt bass/carp/bigger fish setup that can throw heavy lines and big flies. My local fly shop suggested this rod. I was thinking about getting the 9 ft apossed to the shorter tournament length. I was curious what peoples opinions are on the rod and how they cast. I would love a rod with a lot of line pick up strength and this looks like a good candidate and it's in my price range. Any info would be great. Thanks
I would definitely get the longer one if you go with that rod. I used to have the 6wt short Predator and it needed a 7wt to load. You'd spook alot of carp with a 9wt line on that 8wt Predator.

For what you're after, I'd look into Echo's Ion in a 7wt. Its plenty stout and about the same price.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.