Thread: Bluegill Flies
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 01:40 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bluegill Flies

Gills will hit anything they can fit in their mouth as well as flys that seem far to big for them . When fishing for them I try to use the biggest fit I can to keep the runts away. Funny how little gills will hit flys as long as they are. I've found that the larger gills will chase bait just like a bass and for them I'll use fairly large muddlers and clousers.If I just want to catch a bunch just about any dry, wet , beadhead or popper will take plenty of fish. Throw a San Juan Worm and you can pull one up an every cast. Same goes for any light colored nymph or beadhead.For consistent bog ones streamer fishing is the way to go !
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser