View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 08:01 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Simms customer service

Simms waders are the best, no doubt. And made in MT too. But they are expensive as all get out and no more resistant to the pitfalls of thorns and barbed wire than "standard" Chinese waders (virtually everyone elses). We have two pairs of G3's that Simms instructed not to send back again as they can't patch patches. If you buy less costly waders from a co. noted for cust. serv. like Orvis, Patagonia, etc. you loose the fine fabric hand and tailoring of Simms along with the important made in USA virtue but get superior long term service and spend less $.

A fishing buddy just brought his leaky waders into his local Patagonia shop and they said,"goodness gracious, we have to replace and upgrade those...and your boots look funky too, please accept these new and improved versions on us". OK, fine. And I got more years out of a $150 pair of off-shore Albright waders than out of any Simms I've owned and the only thing I really missed were the micro-fleece-lined hand warmer pockets. I like that Simms went back to felt-soled boots though, the only way to go.